If you are a regular reader of Kosher Treif Cooking, you know that I’m a bit of a groupie when it comes to Susie Fishbein and her cookbooks. All one has to do is examine a few pages in my copy of Kosher by Design Picture Perfect Food for the Holidays and Every Day to know that the recipes are well loved and used often.
When I first began keeping Kosher, I knew nothing about how to cook Kosher food or really even how to cook Jewish food. I’m from the South so the majority of my cooking involved fried chicken, biscuits and gravy, meat loaf made with my old treif friend pork, and just about anything else that could be deep fried or mixed with cheese, butter and heavy cream.
And I can’t lie – making the switch to Kosher wasn’t easy. I relied heavily on Kosher by Design to help me make the transition, and I loved that a lot of the recipes reminded me of my old, comfort-food way of life. Susie does an amazing job of making Kosher food that is outside the standard Jewish-fare box, and her cookbooks gave me the idea to explore ways to make my old treif favorites into Kosher meals.
So why am I telling you all of this?
Because I just learned about an amazing trip – The Susie Fishbein Culinary Tour to Israel – and wanted to share it with you. I sadly cannot make the journey myself due to work commitments but am keeping my fingers crossed that I’ll be able to attend next year.
In the meantime, I’m hoping some of you can attend the trip and tell me how awesome it was to cook with and explore the wonderful Kosher food in Israel with Susie Fishbein : ) Here are some details:
- The Susie Fishbein Culinary Tour to Israel 2015 (this is the 2nd year for this tour)
- February 12 – 19, 2015
- 7 Days of awesomeness – See the full Program
- For info and to RSPV, contact Michal@jewishjourney.co.il or firstname.lastname@example.org (tell her/them you read about the Susie Fishbein Culinary Tour to Israel at Kosher Treif Cooking)
- Learn creative cooking techniques from acclaimed author Susie Fishbein
- Meet with top Israeli chefs and participate in culinary workshops
- Explore the tastes and smells of Israel’s wonderfully diverse markets
- Discover the flavors of Jerusalem including a halva tasting workshop
- Experiences culinary diversity and ingenuity in Israel
- Stay in some of Israel’s top hotels and spas, including the opportunity to upgrade to the new Waldorf Astoria in Jerusalem
Best of all in my opinion, get to cook with and learn from Susie Fishbein!
Plus, all attendees will receive a copy of Susie’s latest cookbook, as well as a special, personalized book that includes everything you learn on the trip.
I hope you can attend this great trip and look forward to hearing about your adventures.