I have not been in the mood to cook this week so I’ve been preparing very simple dinners … and trying to use ingredients I already have. A few months ago, I made Chicken and Corn Enchiladas using WestSoy Seitan Strips so I decided to make an easier version of enchiladas last night. The prep process went something like this:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a baking dish with cooking spray (Pam)
- Lay out several tortillas (I used 5) on a flat surface
- Spread refried beans on each tortilla (I used Eden Organic Refried Pinto Beans)
- Add the WestSoy Seitan Strips, or whatever “fake” meat you prefer. I’ve also used the Morningstar veggie crumbles before
- Sprinkle shredded pizza cheese on top
- Roll-up each tortilla and place in a baking dish
- Pour enchilada sauce over the top of the tortillas (I use Hatch brand, which I only seem to be able to find at Wholefoods in Dallas)
- Bake the enchiladas for about 25 – 30 minutes or until the sauce is bubbly.
Serve immediately if possible while the enchiladas are hot. That’s it … a quick, easy breeze kosher dinner. Try it and let me know what you think.